Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. H

The 1st winter batch under the lights

Lighting System for Hydroponic and starts Here is the lighting system I have fashioned for my indoor "starts" and my hydroponic growing in the winter. Clicking on the picture will zoom in. This is simply 3 cheap T8 48" shoplights fashioned together to form one unit which can be raised and...
  2. H

Got the 2 Deep Water Culture systems built and now awaiting the germination!! I am going to dedicate the ebb and flow system entirely to herbs while the DWCs do all the heavy lifting for the lettuce. I will stagger the crops by 2 weeks to insure we have year round greens. We are currently...
  3. H

CG, I have never been to Epcot, but I understand the hydro display is awesome. The above photo was taken on November 27th. This is after many harvests which have kept it and the basil trimmed back. We are at day 27 days (in the photo, 36 days as of today) in the ebb and flow system and...
  4. H

I built this system with very little cash outlay. I used several ideas and came up with worked for me and what I thought I wanted to do. It has been a fascinating journey in learning the hows and whys of hydroponics and ho each system operates. This has been fun. I keep a blog journal, but...
  5. H

crabbergirl, not sure of the system you mentioned. It sounds like a bubble bucket or drip system. It would actually be a pretty simple system, but retail systems can be expensive. I prefer to explore hydroponics as cheaply as possibe, LOL. Here is a photo from November 11th. I am impressed...
  6. H

It is a bit overwhelming. I would say bite it off in small pieces and it is really quite simple. Since there is no soil, you have no need for fungicides, pesticides, or herbicides, which is awesome! There are organic nutrients, but I have not yet gone that route. I am using a hydroponic...
  7. H

Here is my hydro system with it's first crop. The basil (upper left) germinated about 15 days ago and the lettuce (remaining 5 pots) about 13 days ago when the photo was taken. The pic was taken on November 5th. I am very impressed so far and this is on a low rate of nutrients. I hope to start...
  8. H

What do you plant in containers?

I used several "homer" buckets from lowes, menards, and home depot this year. It looked like a party on the porch with those different colors!!!! I like the 5 gallon buckets because they allow tall plants some stability and hold enough soil to maintain moisture. We ended up with serrano and...
  9. H

Greetings!!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Not sure I want ad space, the blog is my video journal for the new hydroponic endeavor. No worries!
  10. H

Greetings!!

Hi folks! I have lurked for quite a while and decided to join. I hope I can provide some of the quality input that I have seen so far. I am a raised bed and conainer gardener and learn somethig new everyday. With gardening, that is easy to do!!!! Again, thanks for welcoming me!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back