2011 Eggplant ?'s

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
This year there seems to be a little something new going on in the garden. The eggplant are putting on a suckers of sorts in each limb joint. Now since I have never delt with this in eggplant, my questions is, "Do you remove the sucker like with tomatoes?" Or "do you leave eggplant suckers?"
The plants are very "squat" with huge leaves. They are only about 6 inches tall and trying to produce fruit.

Some of the suckers are immediately producing flowers at the joint. Kind of weird. Never saw this before. Suggestions appreciated.

Oh and don't ask what type they are. The cat knocked over all my seed trays and the tags got moved so I am not sure. I have about 5 types growing.

Thanks Karen. I have grown them for years and this is just a new issue for me. I will check out the site.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back