Recipe Almond Joy Protein Shake

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

S

Sweet Basil

Almond Joy Protein Shake

This almond joy protein shake is totally healthy but you’d never guess it by how delicious it is! Chocolate Protein, Milk, and some add ins!

lr-2065-scaled.jpg

I used to be one of those girls that wouldn’t go near protein shakes.

And back then I actually had a pretty good reason as they used to be pretty darn chalky and nasty.

Things have gotten much better for flavor (I prefer vanilla, the hubs- chocolate) and better consistency as we use a Blendtec now, but the second reason I didn’t drink them was because I thought it would make me bigger which I didn’t want.

I couldn’t have been more WRONG and now I’m a firm believer in protein to:

• Lose Weight if needed
  • Maintain a healthy weight
  • Tone and Tighten
  • Gain Strength

If you want to hit any ONE of those above, you need to start introducing more protein into your diet.

I’ve posted about protein a few times like these avocado egg whites, protein crepes and these steak tacos with grilled pineapple but this almond joy protein shake is especially awesome.

I’m so glad that I’m in such a great partnership with Fisher Nuts that they let me do this post that’s a little different than the normal nut post.

lr-2061-scaled.jpg

I’ve noticed huge changes in my body, both health-wise and in my tone and shape since hopping on the protein shake bandwagon.

I tend to have protein:

• Before or after working out in the morning
  • As a meal replacement
  • A snack between meals

If I do a really strenuous workout I’ll always have it afterwards to help rebuild and strengthen my muscles so I can be toned instead of flabby skin.

Most of my morning shakes are made green smoothie style:

• spinach
  • almonds
  • a little milk or coconut/almond milk
  • fruit

But occasionally I want something that tricks my body into thinking I’m eating/drinking something more indulgent.

lr-2053-scaled.jpg

This protein shake was totally the idea of my friend and owner of Cardio Barre (see my post on 6 moves for toned and tight thighs). She told me that she loves to mix coconut yogurt, chocolate protein powder and almonds for a healthy snack that tastes like an Almond Joy.

Pretty much she’s a genius. Pure genius. I immediately knew that Cade would be all about having his protein shake taste like a candy bar. It all starts with coconut yogurt, protein powder, and almonds.

lr-2001-scaled.jpg

I add a splash of milk so it’s drinkable and ice because I knew he’d love it thick like an ice cream shake. Just blend everything up and serve immediately. If you really want to make it like a candy bar you can add a little coconut, chocolate shavings and almonds on top. It really does taste fantastic and almonds are such a great source of vitamins, protein and can even lower your cholesterol! Booyah!!

lr-2031-scaled.jpg

Can Protein Shakes Be a Meal Replacement?​

Protein shakes should be made to provide, as much or more protein, as ordinary food, but with fewer calories.

Protein shakes can be a healthy meal replacement.

lr-2021-scaled.jpg

What Is The Difference Between Greek Yogurt and Regular Yogurt?​

Greek yogurt has been strained 3 times which removes most of the liquid.

This is what makes Greek yogurt thicker and smoother.

Greek yogurt has a stronger flavor and is higher in protein.

lr-2018-scaled.jpg

Can Greek Yogurt Be Frozen?​

You can freeze Greek yogurt without altering its nutritional benefits.

Eating thawed Greek yogurt is just the same as eating it fresh, although freezing it will change its texture a little bit.

lr-2005-scaled.jpg

Almond Joy Protein Shake​

Almond Joy Protein Shake

lr-2061-280x360.jpg

• 1/2 Cup Coconut Greek Yogurt
  • 1 scoop of chocolate protein
  • 1/4 cup skim milk
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds
  • 1 handful of ice
  1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Drink immediately.

You can leave out the milk if you want it more like ice cream

lr-2001-scaled.jpg

6-moves-for-thighs-like-a-dancer.jpg-600x565.jpg

Peanut+Butter+Breakfast+Cookies-4.jpg

READ: Almond Joy Protein Shake

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back