Anyone Use Plant Netting?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

KallieLashay

I see a good deal on plant netting on ebay and was wondering if I really need it. I was thinking of putting it over my tomatoes or okra. Just wanted to know if anyone uses it or has and does it work?

Netting is usually used to protect strawberries (and other berries), and fruit trees such as cherries, to keep birds feasting off them!
Tomatos, okra and other veggies tend not to be bothered by birds, so netting would be pointless.

Last edited:
A friend of mine just purchased a bunch of Tulle (wedding sheer) fabric to try as an insect barrier/netting. It is supposed to provide insect protection, without the heat-gain that can be a problem with floating row cover material.
I am awaiting his report, after he gets some experience with that fabric.

Has anyone here tried Tulle fabric in the garden?

Anyone used this netting or fabric on Squash and Zucinni? Got attacked by vine borers last year and need to find something to prevent them.

BF wants to get some of the "finer" netting to put over the
"Garden Box" to keep helicopters out (it's right under a giant maple tree)

his idea not mine :rolleyes:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back