ARGH! *@$#&* Rodent!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I too have just set out the tomato's, peppers squash, and planted the vege seeds. Won't see a ripe tomato til mid July. Also had a pup many years ago that ate my tomatoes, it was pretty comical as he had to reach through the fence to get them. Learned to plant them a few feet away from the fence, but still gave him one every now and then for a treat.

Well, I beat the rodent to a tomato tonight! It was only the size of a ping pong ball; but, by golly, it was a home grown tomato! And it's still May.

Crabbergirl can you buy tomato plants to start over. I have some tomato seeds I can send you. Think I have beet seeds that I didn't plant this year. Let me know if I can help.

Awwww. Thanks for the offer Dale. I have some seeds left over but the ground is still water logged. :( I just had bought more peanuts to plant and I kept think it would dry out so I could plant, they have molded! Tim and my neighbor are going up to Georgia to get each of us 40 buckets. I have been fighting this flooding for the last 10 years. I will take some pics and post on Monday or Tuesday you guys would cry with me. I have had some fantastic years but I just can't stand this anymore. I sure will miss ground gardening. I really feel for our commercial growers as they won't survive financially.

How did you protect your tomato?

I didn't. The thing about squirrels is that they usually have a short attention span. There must have been something tasty else-yard, so no one was bothering the tomatoes. Or maybe one of teh cats was sunning out there, I don't know.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back