calla lily

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

errol

good morning all! I am in need of some help on calla lily. I bought a calla lily back in late spring, and it did really well, bloomed great. But now it has died back, I kept it moist and I guess because I am in middle Tn and zone 6 maybe it is time for it to die back. I had it in a large pot and this morning I empty out the pot and it had 2 large bulbs and 2 medium sizr bulbs. now this is where I need the help for my zone 6. Do I need to put these in the ground or will they live here in the ground thru winter? or should I just save the bulbs until next spring to plant? And if I save the bulbs , do I need to do anything special?
I am an accomplished "song bird " carver, but really green when it comes to gardening ( and I dont mean "green Thumb"!)
Thanks
Errol:confused:

You'll need to store them away!
Seems a bit too early for them to die back!
Mine usually last until October, if there's no frost!
Then I cut them back, dig them up, clean off all the soil, clip the roots, then leave them in a shaded spot for a few days for them to dry. Then I pack them in dry peatmoss and store them in the basement!
Make sure they are not exposed to temps below 32F!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back