Can you help me identify this pest/disease?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

wyattchampion

2r6fx8z.jpg

5e5smu.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm very excited to have a garden of my own and things seem to be going well, however on my cucumbers, peppers, pole beans, tomatoes there seem to be something wrong. Either the veins are discolored or something is burrowing in the leaves...or its something else all together? Do you guys have any ideas? I understand it could be leaf miners or a nitrogen deficiency caused by too much phosphorous. Maybe something in my soil (compost from the local landfill)? Any other input would be very helpful, thanks.

Picture of the whole garden:

23wqxpi.jpg

Leafminers make more of a manicure problem and can be easily removed by cutting off the infected leaves! You will need to destroy the leaves so there will not be another generation of them!
Cut leaves and place in a sealable plastic bag!
If you are not squeamish all I do is cut the leaves off and then crush the larvae that you can see through the leaves then dispose of the leaves in my composter!

The small spots are caused by sucking insects which usually move on after a meal!

Here's a good article on leafminers:
http://gardenofeaden.blogspot.com/2009/07/how-to-control-leaf-miner-on-tomato.html

Welcome Wyatt! Ron is right about the leaf miners.

Glad you joined us. Your garden looks good!

Thanks for the welcome and the helpful replies, I've clipped the affected leaves and will keep an eye for anymore issues.

Wyatt

If you see more just squeaze the leave where the miner is working! That will kill the larvae and prevent further damage.
I rarely see any leafminers in my present veggie garden though they are not limited to just plants in the tomato and squash families!

I think you need to concern with the expert of this field who will guide you better for this matter . How ever you can use pest removal sprays and pills also which is very effective to remove these in quick time.I think you need to take quick steps other wise you will be in a big trouble.

Hi friends
Well according to my knowledge i think its due to the deficiency of nutrient elements which control the protein. However you should meet with an expert for this . This may be a attack of dangerous insects .

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back