Carrot question.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

smackem

Ok so when i went to germinate my carrots i put about 20 seeds in one. now after a bit of reading you cant let them all grow together because they will grow super small. So should i just take them out of the pot one by one and plant them about 3 inches apart in the soil or what? I need advice

I don't know how successful you would be with trying to save each germinated seed. I have never tried it. I have always thinned the plants to give them space, but I just tossed the plants I pulled out.

I agree with Randy. You will have a hard time keeping the seedlings. Typically you do not transplant carrots. The small thin roots will not withstand the moving. You can next time just plant them further apart. Several vendors sell seed planters. They are designed to drop one seed at a time. They work pretty good and are fairly inexpensive;)

yes

yes i did take a look at my recent post updating my garden . it was about 20 of them in a rockwull cube we rolled the cube on wood and poured water on it so the roots would come out of the clump. eventually we got them all seperated with no destroyed roots. we put them in so i hope they take to the garden soil. what do you think?

wow ...i have never seen any one be able to divid them like that...hope they make it and do well for ya

hmm

well heres the post its now monday and i planted saturday so not much has changed to them some of them seem to be standing straight up some seem to be laying down (their green heads) but still are green as ever. today i took a 2 gallon watering can and put a 1/2 tea spoon of fertilzer in it to give all my plants a nice LIGHT dose of fert and a drop of super thrive. Lets hope hormones and fertilizer will help out with some of everyones problems with the transplant

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back