curious about what you are curious about

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

If you had to pick just 1 thing, what’s your number one question about gardening? I’m trying to create something that will provide value and to help people. What is your number one question about it?”

Why does cities create municipal code against front yard gardens? That's my one question, though I think it's answered already and that's because it doesn't look "good."

Hi Gardening...Welcome!

Good one Mark.

My curiosity is; why people continue to use chemicals when there are so many organic solutions available? If you can answer that one I would be impressed.
(And don't say they don't know, because there is too much advertisement, articles and even movies now days about the dangers of chemicals and their effects on health , wildlife and the environment.) ;)

Last edited:
Welcome Gardening. My question is why is grass so hard to grow when we have a drought?

Question:
Why do people plant things that are so demanding and are not geared to their local growing conditions? They have to water, water, water and fertilize the crap out of them in order to keep them alive long enough to bloom......

My preference is for drought tolerant annuals and perennials (particularly perennials) I plant once and they look better and better over the years with little maintanance (meaning no watering and no fertilizing) with just early spring clean up!

Lol good one Rockhound!

Honestly, there are two questions I'm always googling and trying to find out.
1. What are the root depths of different plants? I can collect information, but I've never found a list or chart of plant generics and their root depth/requirements. I'm forced to exclusively garden in containers right now, and that has a huge impact on what I plant in. I don't want to crowd the plant or give it more room than it needs (and waste space I could have used for something else). I think if that knowledge was more easily accessible more apartment dwellers might try it out themselves.
2. Which vegetables/herbs consume the most C02 for their size? I don't know why, but I have this huge urge to have plants that consume huge amounts of C02 (maybe even inefficient plants that use more C02 than they probably should xD) just to make me feel like I'm helping the global problems. lol!

Last edited:
This is my second year gardening, and my biggest question during both years is "What will the mature plants look like?"

It's easy enough to find photos of the produce and sometimes the seedlings, but it's difficult to find photos of the mature plants so that I can figure out space and support requirements and determine where to place the plants so that they will not shade one another. I'd love an index of photos of different plant types at different stages of growth and have even thought of starting one on my own once I have more experience.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back