dragon fruit and longan tree

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Sunchips99

Here they are. the big ones are a cutting and the small ones are from seed
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

WOW those are really great.
TFS
And Welcome to the family. It's always fun to see new faces.
Jump in and have fun

Welcome! Very cool.
What zone are you in? My DIL loves dragon fruit and I would love to grow her some. I don't know anything about them and have no idea where to even get the seeds. Can you help?

Nancie
Take a look in the produce section of any large grocery store!
The dragon fruit looks like a small red smoothe skinned melon with fins'flaps all over the skin! There are no thorns like there are on prickly pear cactus.
The seeds will germinate in a few days and one fruit has enough seeds to grow hundreds of plants. They grow fast once they germinate!!
The plants are trained on a trellis and can get quite large. Stems have thorns that are nasty and stick in your skin, but are easy to pull out!
Google Dragon Fruit plant culture and care!

Welcome to the group, Very nice Dragon, do you know what color the fruit will be ?. Then name Dragon comes from the way the skin on the fruit looks like the scales of a Dragon, I grow both the red and yellow, when and if I find room I want to add the pink and white ones

Ron,
Thanks,we actually don't get the dragon fruit here but maybe when my DIL goes home she can bring some back. Even Walmart doesn't have them here. Maybe a Wholefoods might in the big city. I will go look up growing conditions to see if they are cold sensitive and what the season on them is.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back