Droopy Zebra Plants

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

NaNanc

So my poor plant was subjected to my faux-hubbies non plant caring today and left outside in the direct sun for almost 5 hours. When i went to rescue her she was very very droopy =( Will she be ok now that i have brought her back in? should i spray her with water? prune the droopy leaves? leave her alone?

Thanks!!!
NANC

For Zebra Plants ~(Aphelandra squarrosa) full sun is a no-no!
All you can do is let the reaction go its course!
Sunburned leaves and possible stems is not something the plant can recover from!
All you can do is wait it out until it buds out and develops new leaves!
You can remove the leaves as they yellow, but will tend to drop them in their own time!

Thanks! She perked up after I brought her in after a few hours. I will keep an eye on her. Thanks again!

Nanc welcome to our place.
I hope you have a great time.
I am glad that your plant is looking better. Ron knows his stuff so if it starts to yellow or anything then just do what he said and things shoud be OK.
Again Welcome.

Last edited:
Thanks Ron. It does seem some new leaves got a bit burnt because they did fall off =( but overall she is doing better.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back