easy watering system

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Rose White

Just wanted to share how easy it is to water my African violets by using the wick method. First, I soaked the plant and then threaded a piece of yarn up thru the hole in the bottom of the flowerpot into the soil. Then I placed the other end of the yarn into a container of water sitting down in the sink. Now my 3 African violets on my kitchen counter are beautiful with evenly fuzzy leaves and healthy blooms. Every once in a while I add a little water to the container.

Rose White, author of
"Easy Gardens A to Z"
:)

Thanx for sharing and welcome.
I'm new. I have medical problems so I don't get on too often.
That will work for nearly any indoor plant. Some, just take a cutting and root and keep in water. No watering needs except when the water evaporates.
Kale does that I know,even with bulbs!

Steffy:)

Thanks Rose...great info...I water several house plants this way as I have less and less time...so once a week I can set a few around the sink and leave them and then later get them all back to place they belong

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back