English Daisy aka Bellis perennis

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

oremudpie

good morning
tuesday eve at our oregon garden volunteer party I was given 2 english daisy's..they are neat plants and I have a place for about these two plus 4 more but are they hardy, is it a good addition to the garden? I'm planning on putting them by rose where my fur kids won't step on them ect..
Advice please...
thanks
melanie

good morning
tuesday eve at our oregon garden volunteer party I was given 2 english daisy's..they are neat plants and I have a place for about these two plus 4 more but are they hardy, is it a good addition to the garden? I'm planning on putting them by rose where my fur kids won't step on them ect..
Advice please...
thanks
melanie

Hey melanie!
Bellis perennis are biennial, but usually short lived perennials. Grown as a tender biennial; cool, moist soil; prefers cool temperatures; plant in fall; declines with summer heat. I do not grow them because they tend to look dreadful and tend to die off during hot spells in late June/July!
Here's the scoop on them:
http://www.perennials.com/seeplant.html?item=1.100.050

Ron
Thanks so much I sorta thought that,not sure now what I will do with these little guys.
My little bed under a tea rose can get warm even in salem we can see 90 in the summer and this faces straight south..will find a shadier place to put them...
sure not going to tie up money in more of them...
thanks again
melanie

Hello again
Just like all the tiny pansy's I found today in the rocks under a window full of pansy's and in other flower beds..They just keep reseeding themselves but pretty flowers than weeds......
melanie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back