Fall Flowers

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie what are weeder geese and how do they tell the plants you want from the weeds you don't
Just wonderin
I have heard of them before but didn't know that they actually would weed the garden. I was curious about them so I looked them up and they say that they will eat only the weeds but they have to be trained when little. The site says to put water at each end of the garden and put them in the garden and supposely they will go down each row and eat only weeds. I have never seen them but thought I would try it. Mostly for fun.

Those mums are amazing! :) Thanx for sharing the photos and for the info about the weeder geese! I def needa check that out. We only have a few mums here but they look awesome in the fall. We had a really hot summer with tons of days in the 100s (F) but they still flowered anyway. Here's how they looked yesterday. I had to hold them still though cause the wind was blowing too hard (icy too):

5188456381_75903593b5.jpg

5188444161_68f106c2c8.jpg

5188456747_d761021711.jpg

For bigger pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gopikom/

Nice mums Josh!
In the spring you can dig up the clump and divide it and replant! You will have a lot more plants to play with!
To keep the plants low and bushy you can pinch out the leaders in late June/early July! They will have more flowers in the fall, and will hold up better in the winds!

Love the Mum's Josh.My Grandmother use to have some when I was a little knothead..LOL I think I may have to get a few of those.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back