How to kill this unwanted intruding plant

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Toonces

How do I go about killing the small weeds that are growing up through my patio pavers? Sadly there's no weed mat underneath the bricks. I've tried commercial spray herbicide twice on other weeds before and both times ended up effecting plants nearby so I won't be going that route again. I tried pouring heavily salted water in the cracks but they aren't large enough and the water just ran down the sidewalk. I guess I need something that'll do the job that I can brush on and has no chance of transmitting through the air like I've seen before.

thanks

Hi Toonces,
Since you want something safe that doesn't effect other plants with run off you could use a blowtorch to kill your weeds....should burn off the weed seeds too so won't need to use the blowtorch very often...

Thanks Ron.

Here's some pictures of the weeds if it helps. They're coming up in multiple spots but they all seem to be the same plant.

weed1 (1).JPG

weed2.JPG

Crabgrass...
Any weed killer will kill it...or you can use a blowtorch...you will need to keep on top of this aggressive weed ...make sure you don't let it go to seed or the problem will grow.....

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back