Indoor started veggie plants dying

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

mvanblarcom

I have started several different types of seeds indoor. This is my first time doing so. My tomato plants and watermelon plants started out growing great but now seem to be dying off. The are wet and seem to get enough light. Need help...

Could they be too wet? The soil needs to be moist, but also needs air spaces.

Welcome!
Sounds like you may be "loving" them too much. Back off on the water a little. I agree with randy that thye may be too moist;)

Make sure they stay warm as well and away from cold air, like AC vents. You can use a heat lamp or put them ontop of your fridge or desktop computer where they will stay cozy! I always use a heat lamp and never had this problem.

I have these plants indoor in small indoor greenhouses. I have put lights in the tops of them. And we have plenty of warmth in here and no drafts like AC. They are in peat cups, but were started in windowsill greenhouses. I am also having no luck with my roma and cherry tomato plants, they too seem to be dying off.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back