It's worth remembering

• Thread starter the garden gate flower company
  • Start date
GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

T

the garden gate flower company

Whilst most of the time I’m a pretty confident individual it’s fair to say I do spend a lot of time thinking I’ve not done enough or wishing I could have achieved more. This mainly relates, at the moment, to the garden. The move from the farm has been massive. To leave a mature garden and start again, albeit with a lot of the plant stock I moved is still huge, sad, exciting, nerve-wracking to list a few emotions!

So I’m sharing this as much for me as you, as it’s really good to take stock and see how much has been achieved in such a short time. It’s a reminder that a lot has happened over winter and a lot will still happen in the future. There is no finish line with flowers and a garden is never truly finished is it?!

DUTCHY%282of42%29.jpg

for_becca-25.jpg

The rose garden before and now. Having popped up to garden this evening to water, Rosa Duchess of Cornwall is going to be the first to flower outside which is rather fitting for the fact that she’s planted in Duchy of Cornwall soil!

Growing+a+Cutting+Garden?format=1000w.jpg

Garden Renovation at Duchy of Cornwall Nursery ‘Before’ Image Holes in the World Studio

for_becca-41.jpg

Growing wedding flowers at Duchy of Cornwall Nursery ‘Now’

Outside are now raised beds that border the Nursery. These will mainly be planted out with annuals and bi-annuals. This bed is now clearly visible from inside the Nursery as we have made an opening in the fence line so when you are next up do walk along and have a look up to it.

DUTCHY%2837of42%29.jpg

The Tunnel ‘Before’ Image Holes in the World Studio

The tunnel has seen the most amount of work. Once overgrown and left empty for weeds this space is now home to five raised beds, a big level platform for standing pots and seedling and a huge workbench which will be perfect for doubling up as a teaching space.

ng+flowers+in+raised+beds+in+Cornwall?format=1000w.jpg

The Tunnel ‘Now’

wing+British+Flowers+Florist+Cornwall?format=1000w.jpg

Raised levelled platform in the tunnel. Image Holes in the World Studio

For now it is head down for the May wedding season. I’ll be sharing what’s flowering in the garden and May Bridal Bouquets’ galore over on my social media handles so do pop by to see the progress from garden to vase is going.

wer+Company+-+growing+British+Flowers?format=1000w.jpg

Mabel sharing the love! Image: Holes in the World Studio

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back