Lamb's Ear -please help emergency care for my sentimental baby

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

JordanAU

Hello there fellow plant people, this is my cherished and extremely sentimental Lambs Ear plant, it was thriving once and then I had to leave it in care of someone else and the season changed from winter to summer before I could return to it, I live in perth western australia and we do get some humid days in the midst of summer but mostly 30-35 degree celsius average day in the middle of summer with low to medium humidity, when I came back to it, it was in very poor condition and I unfortunately pulled heaps of the dead leaves off before I took it to my local bunnings and they said to cut off not pull off leaves, so I cut off with small scissors a lot of the dead and dieing leaves, which lead to the first photo, over the next week I cut off any leaves that went brown or yellow which led to the next photo where it is now, I tried to cover the centre of the plant with soil as it seemed some of the stems were going brownish on the outside, which I think happened from leaving it in the sun after watering it the night before, I didn't give it too much water, probably 200-400ml'ish of water and it's a very good drainage pot, I read somthing in a forum about cutting it near the base to make it sprout two new shoots? But I'm nervous to hack away at my baby so I thought it was time to hit the forums and get some more experienced advice as this plant means a lot to me, I like the sound of cutting it back to sprout new shoots but I don't know how to go about it, or if that's the best thing to do from where it is now to back to good health, I even considered getting a inside UV light and doing some funky hydronics setup or somthing to simulate winter for it... Please help :'(

Attachments

• IMG20221222165201.jpg
    IMG20221222165201.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG20221228154710.jpg
    IMG20221228154710.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 81

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com