My Roses

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

crosswire

I bought mine from walmart 2 years ago. I believe it was a Blaze Rose variety
Its already having sprouts and i want to take a stem and replant it elsewhere. Can i still do it?

These roses are massive. My coworkers thought it was fake when i bought them to work!!

see attached.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 327
Are you asking about starting a new plant from a cutting?
If so you can take a cutting around 6"s and insert into the ground, place a large mason jar over the cutting. It will take a couple of months to root!
To take the cutting, cut just below a leaf node with one or two nodes above this!
You will need to insert the cutting so the lower node is a couple of inches below the soil surface!
Keep the area watered, do not let the soil dry out. You will know the cutting rooted when the nodes above the surface start to bud out and send up a shoot or two!
To ensure you get at least one new plant it is best to take a few cuttings, and cover them with mason jars!

I'm curious what does the mason jar do?
I am assuming (but we know what that does) that it helps hold in moisture?
I think this would be a good idea for me as I have around 30 so far and need/want another 30 maybe a few more to complete my little rose fence.

The jar acts like a mini greenhouse!
Best to use the large size.
This method is best done in an area that receives morning sun and afternoon shade.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back