need to know what this one is

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

errol

A lady friend of mine gave me the seed for this flower in the fall of 2010. I sowed it that fall. But she did not know the name of it. and of course I don't either. If anyone could help..the flowers are yellow and about 1 inch across and about 12 to 14 inches tall. they started blooming back in spring and still are.
35a4uc7.jpg
:confused:

Hello Errol!

Welcome to the forum. I believe this is a Wedelia species. It looks like a wild daisy with yellow flowers. It also tends to overcrowd other plants if you leave it unchecked. Take care of the plant as you would with a daisy. They need lots of sunshine but keep it away from the midday sun which will scorch them. Water just enough or moderately.

Glad to help! Let me know if its Wedelia. :)

Thank you handygardener. I will research the Wedelia species. now I have something to go on
Errol

Hey Errol,
Those are pretty and dainty.
How's the weather up there. We are cooling down. LEt me know if you need new mint after the winter. I have a huge crop right now. Not sure how it will hold up to your winter.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back