New blooms in my garden

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I love your rose's Maggie.The dark red by the white fence is beautiful.What's the name of it?
Sorry Spider Lily I don't remember the names of any of them. This is the first year that it has really bloomed good. I have had them so long the names have disappeared from my memory.

Look at my new blue iris and my new orange ones. I have never had much luck with the red hot pokers.

Attachments

• Iris blue 1.jpg
    Iris blue 1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 246
  • Irises orange 2.jpg
    Irises orange 2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 250
  • Irises orange 1.jpg
    Irises orange 1.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 247
  • Red Hot Poker 1.jpg
    Red Hot Poker 1.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 237
  • Red Hot Poker 3.jpg
    Red Hot Poker 3.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 237
I'm not sure if I like the height of these border lilies or not. They are only about 6" high. I like the bloom tho.

These are some lights my sister sent me from In. Hummingbird, butterfly and a dragonfly. They are solar powered and are so pretty at night when they change color from red, blue, green, fushia and yellow. I have them in pots outside but had to bring them in one night because we were suppose to have frost.

Attachments

• Lilies Border 12.jpg
    Lilies Border 12.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 231
  • lights 2.jpg
    lights 2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 258
  • lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Oh Maggie your flowers are all so very beautiful and everything looks so healthy. That blue iris is to die for. Remember me when you decide to divide it.

I wish I had more time o work on my flowers. It's all I can do to keep up with the veggies right now. But wow Maggie all that color in one yard! That's awesome

That blue is wonderful!! I also like the orange. Your solar lights are also pretty. I need to stop coming here and looking at your stuff...its making me want more and I don't have time to water what I have now

Heuchera 'Rave On', this is the longest blooming, most profuse bloomer of any Heuchera that I have ever seen.

Attachments

• 2008-2009 268.jpg
    2008-2009 268.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 250
Wonderful kaleidoscope of colours Maggie, what a picture your garden is congrats on a wonderful display of colour..........love the Heuchera, Jade. I've never grown one...another plant to add to the list lol.

Love the blue iris. Do you know the name of it Maggie?
Awesome colorful garden. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jade
What is the common name? Awesome color

Heuchera 'Rave On', this is the longest blooming, most profuse bloomer of any Heuchera that I have ever seen.

Very beautiful Heuchera Jade. I love the red blooms and the foliage is gorgeous. I have a few but mine are just now getting a few blooms on them. I think mine are pink and one is white.

Mainey, it is a Coral Bells, but I never go by common name, sorry. There are so many beautiful new Heucheras out there now. TerraNova has a ton of new introductions. We discovered that one when we were on a field trip at work. I have never seen a Heuchera bloom so profusely.

Jade
Thanks
That's ok, but I only know most of the plants by their comom name. I do have 2 of these but not sure which ones. Will have to go look for them, have not noticed them in my garden,

I'm the same way Laurie, I can't remember or even pronounce some of the Latin names.
Sorry I don't remember the name of my blue iris.

Everyone pronounces the Latin names differently. My problem now is that the Latin names that have been used for years are now being changed! What is up with that?

I was out snapping pictures between rain showers today and thought I would post a few.

Attachments

• Corol Bells.jpg
    Corol Bells.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 256
  • Garden 2.jpg
    Garden 2.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 231
  • Garden 3.jpg
    Garden 3.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 229
  • Rose bush.jpg
    Rose bush.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 237
  • Irises ppl 1.jpg
    Irises ppl 1.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 230
The wild honeysuckle are so pretty and have such a heavenly aroma no wonder the hummers love them. I have only one poppy in bloom for now.

Attachments

• Honeysuckle.jpg
    Honeysuckle.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 248
  • Poppy.jpg
    Poppy.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 236
  • Snapdragons 1.jpg
    Snapdragons 1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 226
  • Wave Petunias 1.jpg
    Wave Petunias 1.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 245

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back