Online Recipe Sharing Formats?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Welcome to our virtual Garden Club. Join the discussion in our growing community.

Register for your free membership today!

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know if there is a well supported and commonly used recipe database out there?

When Jackie sold the site her and I were working on a recipe section, and at that time I'd even downloaded some recipe program that allowed you to catalog the recipes and sort them etc.

I can't recall what it was called, but at the time it was pretty popular. (Sorry ladies, my favorite "recipe" is "microwave until hot", so I'm not a lot of help here...)

Anyone have a suggestion for a good format?

DizzyDaff

Suggestions

Bob, I don't know of a particular database, but I'd like to suggest a few features to look to in one:
Sort options
1 sort by submitter so if you like someone's recipe you can look at their other recipes
2 sort by meal course (entree, dessert, etc) & able to add to more than one course indicator
3 sort by ingredients (what you have on hand)
Here are some sites that have great searches like that

All Recipes Recipe Matcher Recipe Key ivillage Recipes

4 sort tags for indicating Sugar Free recipe or Low Fat, etc
5 simple print version of the recipe available
6 Able to upload photo of completed recipe

And here's a biggie - if possible - a freeware version available for members to download so they can up/download straight into a similar database (ok, I admit, I may be dreaming here! LOL!):p

Just some ideas..... ;)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com