Peach Tree Pests?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

tigerlily896

Hello,
I am a new gardener and am looking for some advice on a problem I am having with my peach trees.
I have two peach trees that were planted about 2 weeks ago. This trees came from Lowe's and I planted them about 15 feet apart. They get full sun in my backyard. The first couple days after planting I watered them each day and am now only watering once a week. One week after I planted these trees, I fertilized them with a 10-10-10 Miracle grow. I live in the Austin area of Texas.

Well I have started to notice some problems with my trees, sadly. Some strange webbing has appeared on my poor tree's buds and leaves. I have included some photos and would appreciate any help with an ID of what the cause of this could be.

Thank you in advance.

th_PeachTree4-forums.jpg

th_PeachTree3-forums.jpg

th_PeachTree1forums.jpg

It's normal for these things to happen. It sounds like web worms. You can also get tent caterpillars if its in the crotch of the tree. You wll have to find either a store bought spray or an organic spray to get rid of these worms! Make sure you take care of the problem now or it can kill your tree. Keep us updated.

Good luck!

That should not be happening to newly purchased trees!
No garden centre would sell diseased trees, intentionally!
I'd take a cutting, and bring it to Lowes and tell them about your problem! Then negotiate for replacements, or your money back!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back