Perennial Flowers For Garden Campanion Planting

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

KallieLashay

I am looking for flowers that I can put in my garden. I will have the following;

Beans, Cukes, Tomatoes, Peas, Squash, Zuchinni, Radishes, Turnips, Mustards, Collards, Eggplant, Bell Peppers, Onion, and Okra....

I also have herbs; Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, Basil and Dill.

Last year was my second time as a garderner and it was trial and error and I didnt have alot of space so I ended up throwing out some growing plants to make room for others.

I am planning on using marigolds but would like flowers that I can pull up and save for next year if possible.

I also have a decent sized greenhouse.

companion planting - great idea!

Here's another site GrowVeg which has some great info. Many flowering plants may also be edible as well as provide insect benefits, such as nasturtium, mints, chamomile, etc.

Also, wikkipedia has a cool chart showing what you should plant together for best benefits & why.

It's difficult for me to divide plants into annual/perennial, since in warmer zone areas many are perennial while zone 5a where I live the same plant may be an annual. ;)

Ooo! Almost forgot one of my favs to plant to keep critters away - hot peppers, the hotter the better for this use. I like ornamentals as they usually are super HOT and the plants are usually colorful! :p

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back