pests galore

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

saibaba75

am currently in india the temp is around 100 f, dry ,no direct sun all plants are in pots of a very large size; in the first pic: it shows the ravages of ants, have eliminated. them is this savable.....photo2: can anyone identify this
vine /creeper, leaf is very soft, grows tall
photo 3: after repelling the attack of leaf miners this started to appear, can some one shed light on what it is....
photo 4: there are a zillion of these they fly among the lower leaves close to the soil should i be concerned .
have used macacide -50 for the miners substantially dilluted and seemed to work although they have returned in small amounts.....coffee grounds in the soil for the ants and neem oil on the leaves and branches ....discovered what seems to be white fly and used neem on some plants and the macacide 50 on a couple of the more hardy plants .......everything used is only because they are the only things available ...........should i change to something less labor intensive seems to be getting worse.......
( jasmine was first choice but no direct sun available is there something similar that will take indirect sun) planted to have something that will grow up on the walls and around the doors not opposed to something that would sustain the conditions first mentioned ....am getting very frustrated with all the obstacles involved for what i have .......any help .....thank you .....

Attachments

• pests galore 1 .jpg
    pests galore 1 .jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 232
  • pests galore 2 .jpg
    pests galore 2 .jpg
    80 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Welcome to our forum Saibaba!
It is difficult to make out your photos, but the last photo looks like whitefly. Neem should take care of them. Make sure you spry the undersides of the leaves.
For full sun you could try Passion Fruit! They are easy to train up walls and around
your doorway!

To upload larger sized clickable photos use the Manage Attachment option on the a
Advanced display option!

thanks RonsGarden

the situation calls for no direct sun, in a narrow street and get reflected sun from the white building across the street....
the photo situation seems a bit awkward in that 97 kb is the max size?......even with a d3 and a micro lens the shots are hard to obtain ....some other method i may be missing to better upload with post??....thanks
d.

The best size is 400 pixels by 600 pixels, or around 600kb to 700kb, or smaller depending if I am taking a close-up. This is the size I use so the photos can be clicked larger for more detail!
Your reflected light would be considered bright shade! It is perfect for a lot of the tropical vines! You could try passion fruit so you can enjoy the blooms as well as the fruit!

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back