Pomegranate issues

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GPM

For some reason my dwarf Pomegranate bush flowers quite a bit but still no fruit. I've had it outside all summer and fertilized it frequently. The plant itself grows good, however don't see any bees trying to pollinate it. I've tried to self pollinate the male/female type flowers with little luck. The pollination goes fine, however, the fruit starts growing then falls off for some odd reason.

I have some pictures on my website, however the image insert option suggests that I must re-direct to some http:// URL. How do others post picture clips to their threads ?

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
On Posting Pictures. Click on Post Reply...not quick reply to begin with...then..
of course type your messaga...then scroll down to
Attach Files and click on Manage Attachments ...this will bring a little pop up window
ata the top you will see where it says BROWSE...click on that and pick your picture and click on that and then click on UPLOAD...Look for ward to your photos we love pictures :)

GPM

Here goes.......

Attachments

• Pomegran1.jpg
    Pomegran1.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 364

GPM

Very helpful, Thanks.

Sounds like the plant is very over rated, needing a pollinator to achieve 68% fruit setting. I wish I could hire a few of my honey bees to pollinate, but the wife won't allow them into the house....Besides, honey bees only like whites,yellows and purple shades of flowers. The reds and oranges are more Bumble bee favorites.

The yellowing leaves are due to being outside a few too many colder nights. This has happened before and it'll grow back with new vigor in time.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Again I have not grown in pots.... but we had a plant in the yard growing up...(my mom was not the gardener in the family my granny was)...All my mom did was water ...I do rememeber the plant never getting very big but each year about this time we would get 8 to 10 fruit on it...was the first sign fall and the holiday season was to begin...

GPM

Sounds like neglecting the plants would produce better results. I'll just water them once a week and mist them daily.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com