Pothos propagation and when to plant cuttings

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

leahdean

I have several jars with about 6 leaf cuttings with nodes in each that have been rooting in water since the beginning of February. The roots started growing after a day or two but slowed down after a week. So far, only one or two of the cuttings have roots that are almost an inch long. However, most cuttings have new leaf growth that are popping out from near the nodes. Some of the small leaves are even underwater due to the roots being so closer together. Can I plant the cuttings before the roots are an inch long because they already have leaves growing? Or should I leave them in the water and hope the roots get longer? I change the water once a week and they are sitting about 6 feet from a south facing window, but never in direct sunlight. I live in Northern California, about an hour north of San Francisco, in case location helps answer the question. Thank you!
ee7073930255c3a6_tmp-8279

that is awesome you can always chance one in the soil, see which does better leaving more in water or start growing in potting mix.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back