Side porch gets too hot, what to grow?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

styxjustrocks

The side of the screened porch is so hot, plants are getting fried. Does anyone have ideas for what may grow in a zone 5/6 of NE TN? The space is about a foot wide and is next to asphault. I want the plants/bushes to stay under 2 feet tall.

Aloe should do well and some of them have beautiful blooms. there are a wide variety of succulents that would do well in that area as well. Is it just a hot spot or does it get full sun?

Styx I know a fella on this site who lives in Canada who has a quite a few xeriscape plants and a few cacti that I've seen too. He could help a lot!;)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back