Sometimes boggy soil?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

trish10102003

Hi all. I have searched just about everywhere trying to find a solution for this. I hope ya'll can help please!!

What I am looking for are plants and flowers that can tolerate, possibly absorb lots of water from my AC condensation. Everything I have found are bog or pond plants that need constant moisture. Well, the plants I need will only get this excess water in summer months and only dappled sunlight. I am in zone 8 in North West Louisiana. Thanks for any suggestions :eek:

Thanks for these suggestions. I should have specified this is a small area! Only 18ft. long 8ft. deep along the side of the house. I just read somewhere else about bottle brush plant. Anyone have experience with this plant?

Good one Ron. I have seeds if anyone would like some

Trish, the papyrus is a some what small plant reaching only about 3-4 feet tall and you can control the diameter by mowing close to keep it from spreading. There are a lot of lilies that like those conditions. If we know what zone you are in , we can better tell you what will work best.

Most of the herbaceous<--(species that die down in the late fall and regrow in the spring) type hibiscus love wet soils! There are a lot of them that will do wonderfully in your zone 8!

Good one Ron. I have seeds if anyone would like some

Trish, the papyrus is a some what small plant reaching only about 3-4 feet tall and you can control the diameter by mowing close to keep it from spreading. There are a lot of lilies that like those conditions. If we know what zone you are in , we can better tell you what will work best.

Do you have any seeds for the white texas star hibiscus?

Do you have any seeds for the white texas star hibiscus?

I think my neighbor might. I will ask her today. I personally only have the red. But if you decide you would like red let me know.;)

We are glad you found as as well. Hope to see you more.
Have a great garden day

I just bought 4 live plants of the red so I won't need those seeds. How fast do these plants grow from seed? Will I be able to establish a plant to make it though the winter? If not, I will just wait until spring to get seeds. Thank ya'll so much for all this help!

Trish, try cannas!! Lots of colors and they LOVE boggy areas in the summer. And in your zone 8, they will thrive. :)

I will move my cannas to this area. Thanks for that idea! Guess I will get seeds and plant indoors for next year. Thanks everyone

I should have added that the hibiscus seeds should be started in pots.
In your area you could start them in March so they will be a good size to plant out in May!

I should have added that the hibiscus seeds should be started in pots.
In your area you could start them in March so they will be a good size to plant out in May!

Thanks so much for your help. My problems are now solved ;)
Now on to the next project. There is always something to plant and figure out!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back