Squash clone and crops

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

smackem

how come noones ever on anymore?????
How do you guys think they are doing? Do i need to change anything or do you have any ideas?
Banana peppers and carrots
SAM_0052.jpg

Sun Flowers
SAM_0053.jpg

Tomatos
SAM_0054.jpg

Cucumbers
SAM_0055.jpg

Apples Mint Cali Peaches & a Squash Clone
SAM_0057.jpg

Squash
SAM_0060.jpg

SAM_0061.jpg

Watermellons
SAM_0062.jpg

Corn
SAM_0063.jpg

Beans
SAM_0064.jpg

Carrots up closer
SAM_0066.jpg

I am a new garderner (Im only on my third year). I was wondering what the screen is for and how much space you leave in between your squash?

the wire

the green wire around my plants is for tarps actually and so animals cant get in but i can see the plants. The tarps wont touch the plants but will fully cover the plants keeping them all nice and warm which worked perfectly during the winter which is why "Most" of my plants survived.

Great job! What area are you in. I think you told me once before Orlando area? Looking good keep up the great wrok!

hey

thanks! ill post more pictures of my new grows this weekend :) and yes im in orlando with this stupid annoying sand not soil! my carrots came out short and stubby because the sand was to hard its great to see you back you were gone for so long

I steal bags of cut grass and leaves curbside to add to the soil. It really helps alot. also peat will do wonders for water retention. Check local landscape supply yards for mushroom compost too. About $30 a yeard but what a diff it makes.
What kind of carrots did you plant. There are so many types and someone told me there is a "Florida" carrot. I will have to ask him tomorrow what they are called. He has been a commercial farmer in Fl and Ga for about 50 years. I will let you know what they are when I find out. I had success growing carrot one year, last year they came out looking like Freedie Cruger hands. There is a picture here somewher of them. They were really ugly but tasted good. LOL!

Last edited:
WOW...I am so so ready for spring ...all your plants look great ...thanks for posting pictures

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back