Summer Young Tree Care

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

JHrusky

I've planted a bunch of fruit trees a couple years ago: apple, cherry, peach etc. I put a corrugated plastic trunk protector on for winter and put landscaping bark around each tree about 8" high to protect them from the winter elements. Now that it's summer, should I remove that plastic trunk protector and landscaping bark?

Yes... it is a good idea to remove the trunk protector, and most of the bark...leave around 2 to 3 inches for weed control.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back