Trees in my Yard

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Annette99

A few of the trees in my yard are more than 150 years old, The gray trunk is a beech and the other is a maple. I planted sedum around the roots of the maple. Thats my golden, Zack in the pictures.

Attachments

• momtree1.jpg
    momtree1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 380
  • momtree2.jpg
    momtree2.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 361
  • tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 345

Jade

I just love mature old beech trees. The maple is impressive too. I bet you have great shade from them.

Bernie

Those are beautiful. I love old trees. I would love to live on the edge of a forest so I could have the lovely trees where I could have shade plants and some sunny areas for those flowers that need the sun's rays. Ah one can dream. :)

deck chucker

I was reading an old book online about Crawford County, Pa. last night and one of the early pioneers found remnants of an oak that had been 10 feet in diameter near Pymatuming swamp. I just can't imagine. I noticed when I was talking to my neighbor the other day that she has a big oak tree in her back yard with quite a girth on it. I'm not sure what kind of oak, but I know it isn't a pin oak.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never seen one anywhere close to that, but that doesn't mean they don't or didn't exist. Maybe Treeman could shed some light on that.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com