Vinca flower seeds

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I have collected the seed pods from my vinca flowers and am drying them inside and am working on releasing the seeds-tedious.
My intention is to plant them outside - I live in the mid Atlantic states - when do you advise I do this?
Can the whole pod be planted or must I release each seed from its pod?
Thank you in advance for your advice.

Hi and welcome to our forum.
You will need to crush the seed cases to release the seeds...when planting lightly cover the seeds with soil...you could start the seed anytime in trays in a sunny window...use a sterile soil designed for starting seeds.

You need to separate the seeds, Sow seeds directly in the garden 2mm deep. Seeds should germinate in around 10-15 days at a soil temperature of 24-26°C.
vinca.png

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back