What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Lovely mini gardens Janet! Thank you for sharing them!

Snowed all day here but only got an inch or two.....hopefully it will clear up tomorrow!

Wow, Janet, that's better than we got even though we had a beautiful day here today. I don't know for sure what the temperature was in Newberg today but I heard on the radio that it was 63 or 62 in Hillsboro which is about 26 miles to the north of us. I reveled in the sunshine too.

18F with sunny skies! Love seeing the sun!
Going up to 28 this afternoon with clear skies!
Starts warming up tomorrow with a high of 39!
We need this break from the wintery weather!

Yesterday afternoon I was Banned from Facebook for some unknown reason and can no longer access my account...sent them a letter to find out what the problem was!
I have yet to recieve an email from them.....
Suffering from withdrawals now!

lovely pics janet. I see some daffadils starting to come up at work. its 20 here this morning with a strong north wind. feels less than 20 outside, but we have beautiful blue skies and thats a plus after several days of gloom.

The day started off nice but the clouds were already building before noon and the rain started about that time. It has increased in intensity through the day and is currently moderately heavy. The temperature isn't too bad though at 45 degrees.

Got back on facebook yesterday. My service provider contacted facebook to reinstate my access. Seems that there was a security breach on Thursday so they banned a whole block of IP addresses...mine was included in the block!
Yesterday I went out and bought a new(er) car....got a Toyota Matrix XR! Can't wait to pick it up next week!
My car was on its last leg and needed to be replaced...will never buy another hyundai!! It was not worth fixing, there were too many problems with it, and after the power stearing went it is too painful to drive!

28F going up to 37 this afternoon with 30+ mph winds out of the SW....
It'll be mostly cloudy.....

41F and sunny!
Light winds out of the SW....picking up speed during the day...
Going up into the low 50's this afternoon.
Rain moving in this evening and overnight as a minor coldfront passes through..

25 this morning. the sun is trying to come out. Hoping for another sunny day.
congrats on your newer car Ron. Ill be there soon. my car is 13 yrs old. its been a super car but they dont make saturn's anymore. will have to decide what to get next.

Thanks Woodie! They have to do the various tests and checks to safetly it and fix/repair anything that needs done.
Hoping it will be ready today since a Texas low will be moving in tomorrow....they are saying it will be a good one by the time it arives, with significant snow fall! Could see 12's or more!

30F ...going up to 39 this afternoon, with winds out of the WSW. Might see a few showers or flurries!

The day started out with rain then stopped about mid morning until early evening then started again. That was okay though as it gave me a few hours to roll the table saw out and start cutting out some pieces for a project. Our high for the day was about 52 degree.

Just as one system moves out another one is taking aim at us!
Yesterday was extremely windy....calmed down by evening as the system stayed north of us and headed east. It was just a wind event!
Today a Texas Low is on its way and will start effecting us later on this afternoon.
Expecting freezing rain/ice pellets, then turning to snow ....could see a foot or so by tomorrow morning....with strong winds we will probably have blizzard conditions with plenty of blowing and drifting....
25F going up to 32 later on this afternoon....hopefully the system will stay south of the lake so we will be on the cold side with minimal freezing rain.
They are calling this storm as significant and is expected to dump a lot of snow, more then what we've seen so far this winter!

Still waiting for a phone call to say my new car is ready to pick up!

no snow last night, no freezing rain either. its wet on the road so guess we had something, but it stopped way before I got up.
right now its 30 and sunny. its supposed to drop during the day and be cold with 40 mph winds.
hope you get your car soon Ron. enjoy!

The system moved more north and trapped us in the warmer area and we got mostly freezing rain!
1/4 inch of ice was on everything this morning with an inch of snow covering the ice....It is a messy morning!
Clear sunny skies and 19F.....high this afternoon 27 with isolated flurries...winds out of the west.
Cleaned most of the ice off the car, but will wait for the sun to loosen the rest....nasty windchill had to come in to warm up!
Schools and businesses are pretty much closed this morning!

Hoping I get the new car soon too!

21F and mostly cloudy... going up to 28 this afternoon with some sun and possible isolated flurries...very light winds out of the east.
Long term looking good...going up few degrees each day and into the low 40's early next week!

10 this morning so mighty chilly esp with the wind. we are to warm up this afternoon to a whopping 29. but next week Im hearing some really nice weather. they are talking 60's or even 70 next wed???? what, can spring be coming early this yr. I would love to see a 70.

Here's a few pics of the snow that passed through our area lateyesterday afternoon....this was the tail end wrap around from the system that moved out early yesterday Morning.
014.JPG
014.JPG
013.JPG

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 224
We had some sunshine today but it was misleading. I thought I was going to have opportunity to break out some of the wood working equipment and get in some playtime but we kept getting rain squalls and some of them were quite heavy. The sunshine we did get though was much appreciated. Our high today may have reached 60 but I don't think so.

those are pretty pics Ron.
15 this morning and overcast. think something went over us last night. it was supposed to be some snow that was south of us hitting NYC.
we didnt get a flake tho. hopefully the sun will come out lateron.

Thanks Woodie!
Love snow at this time of the season... because it doesn't stick around for long!
Got another dusting of snow last evening from a fast moving Clipper that scooted south of the Great Lakes.
Might get another dusting from another Clipper later on today...
25F with clear blue sunny skies....going up to 32 this afternoon.
Warmer tomorrow!

Picked up my car yesterday and took it for a road trip.....love my Toyota Matrix!!!
I am so looking forward to driving it!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back