What's the weather in your area? 2016 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

congrats Ron. glad the house sold. nice that you can bring plants to your place. I also planted flowers outside my window when I lived in the apt. the owners were happy that I wanted to do that.

gorgous weekend here too. high 60's yesterday and 70's today and tomorrow. its so great to have the windows opened again.
enjoy!

Wonderful weather for this time of the year, and looks like it will extend right through this coming week!! Won't be as warm as this weekend, but just a nice!
54 and sunny this morning and heading up into the high 60's and possibly low 70's this afternoon.....Monday a bit warmer still!
Just a light wind out of the NE....

Dug up and extended a tiny garden yesterday with help from the downstairs neighbor...he is 12, and loves to help out.
Put in plastic edging and leveled the area.....will need to pick up some bags of triple mix to bring the soil level up .....won't be planting yet since it is only mid April and can still get heavy frost, and snow is still a possibility.
Will be digging up and create a new garden area this coming week... the plan is for to be 2 1/2 ft wide by around 20ft long.....

Last edited:
40 this morning and going up to 75 today. then a cool down, but still about 60 most days this week. there is always a chance of snow or frost here as well. but I think winter is over now. positive thinking! haha

thats going to be a nice bed Ron.

41F with clear skies....should get up into the 60's this afternoon with day time heating....
Not too bad temps the rest of the week with some rain for Thursday and Friday....

Everyone's getting excited about the gardens, and love what I did so far with the small old one!

A minor coldfront passed through last evening...
Overcast with clouds out of the NE...winds are light,
45F and should get up to around 52 this afternoon with partly sunny skies.
Dropping down to 41 overnight....

50 this morning with stiff NE winds. going up to 60 today. think the wind will keep it from getting that high.

We have had a couple of warm ones in a row. I thought it got up to 88 yesterday in Newberg but the news last night said the high temperature for the day was 90 degrees. It is 75 degrees out there now at almost 8:00 PM and today's high was 84 degrees.

Those are good pictures, Janet. We still have a few blossoms on the apple trees but most have fallen.

Frost on the cars and roof tops this morning earlier!
Clear and sunny and now it's 36 ...warming up quickly!!
Should hit 57 this afternoon... light wind out of the NE...
Rain moving in for tomorrow and Friday.

Might go to the lake property today and do some gardening clean up, and dig up some more perennials to move here...
I know I'll need to make at least one more trip next week!

40 this morning but with a cold breeze. supposed to warm up to 62 today. that would be nice, and can someone please stop the wind!

have fun gardening Ron. we lost lots of flowers with our freak chilly spring and snow. the daffies are all bent over. the flowering trees got caught in the freeze with buds or unopened flowers and fell off. forsythias look horrible. so much for spring flowers this yr.

We were a little cooler today with a high in the mid 70s. It did get pretty cloudy in the afternoon and it still is. My grandaughter heard thunder but I did not. My hearing is not all that good. So far though I haven't seen any rain from the clouds.

Got a nice load of plants yesterday and did some more cleaning up.....had to dig up my Sweet Hot Chocolate daylily and several other hard to find perennials such as Giesha Girl Viola! Will have to make 2 more trips....for more of the daylilies....

Mostly cloudy and 46F....going up to 66 with possible thunderstorms this afternoon... showers off and on all day and into tomorrow.
Low tonight 52!!

Woodie, too bad about the damaged spring bloomers...it happens!

yes, it was kind of sad. we wait for months to see flowers again, then to have them destroyed so quickly so we couldnt enjoy them. at least the apple trees werent in bloom yet. your daylilies sound lovely. I want to start a daylily section here in my complex. they have such beautiful ones now.

40 this morning and going up to 77 today. sunny with pretty blue skies. I wonder how many people will call out sick from work today. haha

The weather guessers were wrong here today. It got up to 80 degrees instead of 74 like they thought it would. And the revised forecast says rain is coming in tonight and will hang around through the weekend.

Overcast with a bit of sun this morning....looks like there was a shower earlier...
Should be sunnier this afternoon...
55F with a light wind out of the SW....might see the temp go up higher before the coldfront passes through later on today.
Showers possible, but doesn't look like a lot a rain!
Thunderstorms possible later on today..
Dropping to 41 tonight..

We had rain last night and continued this morning. But things dried out this afternoon and a new storm system is moving in tonight with more rain.

We didn't get the rain they promised! Just a few sprinkles....
The coldfront passed through last evening.....temp dropped to 39 overnight.
Mostly cloudy for now, should clear up with a high of 50 this afternoon....

almost 80 yesterday. someone got rain, but we didnt. however the cold front came thru and the winds are howling all day here. very chilly air, but I have the windows opened anyway. sunny today and 50.

Nippy morning with 39F....
Partly cloudy but should clear and get up to 50 this afternoon.
Rain moving in this evening as a system arrives! Not expecting much though.
Low tonight 45F..

nippy morning here and the winds are whipping again. 39 its sunny tho and hopefully it will go up to the 60 they promised us.
rain coming in tonight.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back