What's the weather in your area? 2017 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

All the snow is gone except for a few drifts!
32 with cloudy skies...light winds out of the west.
34 for this afternoon...might see some sun...winds shifting out of the NW.
21 overnight winds shifting out of the north...

I see a naughty person has appeared. haha thought we were done with them.
yesterday we had sun all day and 40 but the wind kept it from feeling warm outside. and here we are in winter! the only good thing is that we will get a bit more light each day, otherwise this time of yr is not so pleasant in these parts of the USA. today will be only in the 30's but we have sunshine and little wind today.

Hahaha! I nailed the bugger! Poof! Gone! China placed internet blocks so we no longer get any spam from them...the ones we are getting are from India......

Sunny morning at 27....which won't last.....
A system is on the way starting this afternoon and will last into tomorrow afternoon.
Expecting snow, freezing drizzle and possible freezing rain,,,,snow amounts 2-4 inches...
30 fr the high then dropping to 28 as the cold front passes through....winds will be locked in out of the east..shifting out of the NE tomorrow...

Another system Christmas Eve into Christmas Day....not sure how much snow at this point, but it will be a lot colder! Snow squalls off the lakes is more then like!

Need to go to town and pick up a few supplies this morning before the snows start!!

get all your stuff Ron. they are talking about that same stuff coming this way so I went out this morning and made 5 stops and got everything done I needed to get done so I can sit tight in case its bad. snow is bad enough, but that ice stuff freaks me out when I have to drive. this morning was 25 but its going up little by little. wont be more than 35 this afternoon. at least its sunny and the wind has died down.

Mostly....at least the things that I need....like coffee! ;) Made 2 stops!!
Nice and sunny here with very little in the way of winds.....calm before the storm!

gloomy here this morning and 26. snowing further north but so far we missed it. we were to get ice this morning so glad it missed us this time.
maybe later tonight we might get a fix of freezing rain ugh. looks like a crazy few weather days for us here in NYS

Ho-Ho-Ho we got snow.....
A couple of inches fell overnight, more to come..
27 with light flurries with light winds out of the NE.
32 for this afternoon with ice pellets...winds shifting out of the north.
30 for this evening with freezing drizzle, as well as overnight and into tomorrow.....turning over to snow tomorrow...

They are calling for a polar vortex by mid-week 14 for the high on Weds...will know more later on!

30 and snowing...
Had freezing fog/drizzle/rain last night...turn back to snow earlier this morning...
Might get up to 32 this afternoon with snow....
30 this evening with snow ending...
Dropping to 23 overnight....then more snow tomorrow...

had pouring rain yesterday and 40's. lots of flooding around here. I ran around in the morning and was home all afternoon. today is cloudy and lots of snow coming later this afternoon. they keep upping the totals too. went from 1 to 3 to 3 to 6 and who knows what we will end up with. then the polar air comes next starting wed. what a fun week we will have.

I wish everyone a wonderful xmas, and get to where you are going safe and sound.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Got around 5 inches yesterday and will be getting pretty much the same starting this afternoon....and will continue all evening, night and into Christmas Day!! Squall activity will add to the amount of snow....
This latest round will be coming in from Texas and will be loaded with moisture.....
19 with just a whisper of a wind...winds out of the west...shifting out of the east this afternoon with a high of 3o...
Low tonight 23....

still waiting for oursnow. was supposed to come at 1pm and at 6.30 its still not here, but its coming they say

Merry Christmas!!

The snow arrived later then forecasted, and we didn't get as much as promised...got around 4 inches.....
21 with winds picking up out of the west.....going to get nasty with drifting snow and possible snow squalls later on today..
Sunny with clearing skies.....windchill is 5!
Winds should get up to 30 mph with higher gusts later on this afternoon with some isolated flurries and squall activity..
Might get up to 23....then dropping to 7 overnight with a -13 windchill.....

hope everyone had a merry christmas. woke up to 5 inches of snow. not the fluffy kind either, heavy and wet. the plow had gone thru but there was black ice, so I didnt get to church and stayed put until the roads were salted. then I went to my friend waynes moms house for the afternoon and that was crazy. about 30 people were there. he has a big family and the kids I knew yrs ago were grown, married with children. the roads coming home were better but the winds were whipping at 50 MPH. heard that the boston airport was closed for zero visibility and blizzard conditions in NH and maine. its 12 this morning but no wind and not getting up past 22 today. then it dips to 3 tomorrow and the rest of the week will be bitter cold with below zeros every morning. burrrrrr.

Yesterday was interesting....4 inches fell overnight....and it was best to stay home with all the winds and drifting snow...and dropping temperatures...
Had my next door neighbour over for supper and we had an enjoyable time together....I did up a small turkey with all the trimmings....
The Polar Vortex arrived late afternoon.....
5 and windy with sunny skies....windchill -13!
10 for this afternoon ...windchill -8!
Dropping to 3 tonight ...windchill -15!!

Looks like the vortex will settle in for the rest of the week!

3 here this morning. burrr no wind tho. I dont have to go out until noon so hoping it will warm up a bit but dont think we will see much above 17 for todays high. keep warm ron.

0 here with sunny skies...windchill is -14!!! (Shiver, Shiver!!) ...very light winds out of the west....
Might see a high of 12 with isolated flurries this afternoon....windchill -4
7 this evening with isolated flurries...windchill -9
-2 overnight ...windchill -15!

Stay warm Woodie!!

-2 and slowly warming up!
Not much in the way of a wind....windchill -8....
At least it's sunny -at least for this morning!
12 for the high with isolated flurries.
9 for this evening and overnight, with flurries...
Windchill -4...
Expecting 2 or more inches for tomorrow with light snow starting early morning!

14F with windchill of 5....light winds out of the SE.. got around 2 inches ..light flurries.
18 for the high ...windchill 5...shifting out of the west...
1+ inches expected with winds picking up a bit so there should be lots of blowing/drifting...
Get a bit of a break from the snow this evening...12 going down to 10 overnight.
...Isolated flurries overnight and tomorrow....

oh my Ron, we have 3 this morning, but I dont see any wind. I did hear snow flurries lateron, and a bigger dip in temps by morning. further upstate is more like what you are having. gee did you hear about erie PA. 5 feet of snow. yikes, glad I dont live there.

4 today and very chilly. the car sure made alot of strange noises before it warmed up. we are to see 12 today! big whoppee. at least its sunny not that that makes much of a difference. they are talking snow for tomorrow sat. mostly flurries tho. and bitter cold for new years eve. all those crazies in times square will freeze their buns off.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back