When Jose Villa is in town!

• Thread starter the garden gate flower company
  • Start date
GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

T

the garden gate flower company

In the Rose Garden

When you hear that one of the best wedding photographers in the world is going to be on your doorstep and it coincides with rose season you know you need to hook up!

We were delighted when Jose Villa offered to come to the garden and shoot some of our flowers. The rose garden was at its peak flowering time which rarely happens when you have a photographer around so we couldn’t have been happier.

000005600016.jpg

000005610016.jpg

000005610011.jpg

000005610013.jpg

Cream Teas

In the normal hospitable fashion mum made an afternoon cream tea for us all and we took to explaining to our American friend how the cream went on the scone rather than in the tea! I seriously believe the American’s think we are crazy…..although nothing beats my Mum’s reaction to D’Arcy Bennincosa putting milk in her mint tea ha ha ha ….sorry D’Arcy.

The two sausages, Milo and Golly got their moment in front of the lens as they seem to when all photographers visit. They are almost becoming more photographed than the flowers!

000005640002.jpg

000005700010.jpg

000005640004.jpg

Boconnoc Estate

Later in the day we headed off to the lovely Boconnoc Estate where we created a simple table scape down by the lake in the hope to inspire more brides to consider Cornish garden elopements.

Jose got a bit close to the swan who hissed at him….lovingly(!) - I did want to explain to the swan that it would be great if she could take one for the team he's an amazing photographer and to play nicely!!!

000005720015.jpg

000005730002.jpg

000005760013.jpg

Bridal Bouquet

Inspired by summer hedgerows and our abundance of roses we created this milky bouquet with wispy elements like the honeysuckle that fitted the wildness around the lake. The bouquet was of course topped off with oodles of Lancaster & Cornish ribbons.

The Bridal House of Cornwall loaned us this beautiful dress. It had such simple detail and the the fabric just fell beautifully….it also felt amazing on, I know as I tried it….obviously!!!

000005840006.jpg

000005820002.jpg

000005780009.jpg

000005760003.jpg

000005780006.jpg

Wedding Stationary

Kayleigh Tarrant created a beautiful stationary suite inspired by the bright greens of high summer. We teamed these with a soft sage ribbon from Lancaster & Cornish.

oconnoc+Estate+captured+by+Jose+Villa?format=1000w.jpg

Boconnoc Estate captured by Jose Villa

Wedding Sparrow

We were very grateful to the team at Wedding Sparrow who featured this shoot on their blog you can see more here.

Vendors

A big thank you to everyone who got involved in the shoot and huge thanks to Jose Villa for stopping by and collaborating with us - what a dream come true!

Photographer: Jose Villa | Film Lab: Richard Photo Lab | Floral Designer: The Garden Gate Flower Company | Dress Designer: The Bridal House of Cornwall | Accessories: Deborah Blyth Jewellery | Venue: Boconnoc House | Hair & Make-up Artist: Tamsyn Siddiqui | Model agency: Gingersnap | Ribbons: Lancaster & Cornish | Paper goods: Kayleigh Tarrant

June Weddings

I know June is stunning isn’t it and I couldn’t recommend a wedding in June high enough - however this year, 2019, we are now full. If you are looking at this blog and are getting married in June 2020 keep an eye out for when we launch next years wedding calendar and please do follow along via our social media platforms to see what the new rose garden produces and our arrangement’s from this year!

Thanks

Becca x

IMG_6780.jpg

IMG_6811.jpg

IMG_6795.jpg

The new rose garden at Duchy Nursery is all planted and ready to go!

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back