Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. O

what are the actual pickles used for the store brand?

Kirby, was a specific cultivar of cucumber. Now it is a catch all for any small cucumber suitable for pickling. This is my one of my go to recipes Definitely build some kind of trellis for them. Do not start seeds in advanced indoors. Seedling mortality is high and cucumbers grow quickly. Plant...
  2. O

How to start an organic garden from scratch?

I'd recommend Vegetable Growing for Health and Flavor by Louis Flawn. It has everything from soil explanations to trench diagrams to crop rotations to lifecycle photos of different crops. I'm considering scanning it into PDF form because it's an uncommon book from the 70s.
  3. O

The best indoor plants for small spaces

I've had the greatest success with spider plants. They like overwatering, underwatering—whatever you throw at them. NASA studies indicate they are one of the very best plants for filtering the air. They are ridiculously easy to propagate. They can be kept in any size pot just fine. They handle...
  4. O

Problem with Ficus leaves - spots and shedding

Hello! I saw the pics of the leaves which are signs of overwatering. Ficus’ are extremely sensitive to overwatering and need to dry at least 3/4 through before re-watering. During the winter (I have a ficus about your size) I only winter once a month. Twice a month may be too much because...
  5. O

Tips On How to Grow Million Bells

Thanks. I bought the petunias and calibrachoa specifically to make cuttings so I hope especially the petunias work out for me, I’m planning on making soooo many baskets out of the ones I’m growing from seed.
  6. O

How to Grow Leeks From Seed

Great article. I love leeks! I wish I'd had the foresight to plant more. Leek and chicken is a great combination - a nice risotto with some boneless chicken thighs and peas If you're willing to give potato and leek soup another go, try this potato leek soup recipe. It's very good.
  7. O

Immune Boosting Herbs: Growing Herbs That Boost Your Immune System

The herbs everyone mentions here are great. I like elderberry, astragalus, reishi, rose hips, turkey tail, and lemon balm for immune boosting. On top of that, I do some research on mushrooms. Reishi (ganoderma lucidum), turkey tail (trametes versicolor), shitake, and maitake. There's lots of...
  8. O

Top 5 Medicinal Plants

I always suggest having access to a willow tree. Willow bark contains natural aspirin, make a tea from it to get this benefit. If you take a cutting off another plant and want to encourage its root growth but do not have the chemicals to do so, place the cutting in a glass of water along with a...
  9. O

Greeting

Thanks for having me! Past five years I live in New Jersey in my own house, bot now I'm in Ukraine till spring. Gardening is my passion and I am sure I will learn much here!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back