? about liriope grass

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

butterflychick

first let me say hi to everyone as i'm new in here. my question for anyone that may be able to help is this, i have some liriope grass that is mostly green after the winter,but has some brown tips. Do i need to trim these brown tips off, cut the grass back, or leave it alone. It's not a plant i've ever had before so i'm not really sure and don't want to do the wrong thing. help:eek: thanks!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to our forum!
Liriope grass is pretty tough!
Give it a fairly good clipping, new growth will cover any mistakes you make!
They alwys look a bit ragged at this time of the year.

Kya D

Welcome to our little corner of the world. Butterfly Chick I hope you enjoy it here

Maggie

Welcome to the forum Butterflychick. I don't know your zone but I'm in zone 6 and I always have my husband cut mine back in the fall or late winter with the weedeater. They are tough so like Ron said clip them back and they and let the new growth take over.

butterflychick

Thanks Ron and Maggie for your tips and welcome Thanks Kya D for your welcome also:)
i was thinking that cutting it back was gonna be the way to go, though i wish i had done it in the fall. Hope it dosen't take to long for the new growth to take over.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com