Angel Trumpets and Daturas

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

I finally got some blooms on one of my angel trumpet and my datura are blooming like crazy. I didn't know until this year that angel trumpets are perennials here in zone 6. I had these last year in pots and I knew I wouldn't be able to winter them over in the house so Buford planted them in the garden for me. It was an experience that paid off.

Attachments

• Angels Trumpet 1.jpg
    Angels Trumpet 1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 296
  • Datura- angel Trumpet 1.jpg
    Datura- angel Trumpet 1.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 294
  • Datura 3.jpg
    Datura 3.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 291
  • Angels Trumpet 2.jpg
    Angels Trumpet 2.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 309
  • Datura 6.jpg
    Datura 6.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 283
Just some ramdon shot I took while out in the garden this morning.

Attachments

• Crepe Myrtle 3.jpg
    Crepe Myrtle 3.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 284
  • Potted plants 2.jpg
    Potted plants 2.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 277
  • Datura 10.jpg
    Datura 10.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 289
  • Crepe Myrtle 2.jpg
    Crepe Myrtle 2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 313
  • Orange blooms 1.jpg
    Orange blooms 1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 275
Just beautiful Maggie...I miss all mine...had to leave them when we moved back to Oreogn...thanks for sharig yours

Beautiful!! Just be careful though, they are both poisenous. My kitties don't touch mine, but if they did, hmm.

They are beautiful. Mine last year was about 10 ft tall but the freeze got it , it is now about 3 ft but didn't bloom. My neighbor gave me 3 of the triple purples and I have 2 that lived. One looks like it is going to bloom I'll post a pic if it does. They stay much smaller than the traditional ones.

Beautiful blossoms you have there.
We have wild datura here but the really pretty stuff won't winter over.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back