Another Newbie

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Diana77

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and new to the world of gardening. I live in a second floor apartment and I have a balcony that I want to turn into a haven. I'm looking to get some flowers to brighten the balcony up. The balcony only gets roughly 2 to 3 hours of direct sunlight in the morning. So I'm looking for flowers that don't need a lot of sunlight to thrive. I'm hoping this will lead to a passion for gardening and I hope to one day to live in a home with an actual garden so I can take this further.

Hello Diana!
Welcome to our forum!
For a start, begonias are perfect for you. They will do well with morning sun, and produce a lot of color.
Coleus is a foliage annual that comes in a variety of colorful leaves.
Both are used as annuals.
If you would like a a mix with some perennials check these website for ideas:

Hello Diana!
Welcome to our forum!
For a start, begonias are perfect for you. They will do well with morning sun, and produce a lot of color.
Coleus is a foliage annual that comes in a variety of colorful leaves.
Both are used as annuals.
If you would like a a mix with some perennials check these website for ideas:

Thanks Ron! I've been looking at my options and begonias are definitely top of my list of flowers I want to buy. I also plant to buy lemongrass, lavender and a few herbs.

Hi! I just registered too, already read a lot of interesting things, and thanks for the question you asked, I was interested in it too. I hope this forum will be very useful to us!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back