Anyone Growing Watermelons?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Yeap that is what I did. When you plant make a trench in a circle around the plants for watering. Try not to get any water on the plant itself, if you can help it. I checked on my leggy plants this morning. They were planted on Thursday afternoon and they were shouting "hello, we are doing fine." It's suppose to rain this afternoon so don't think I will water them today cause they looked so good. My husband and I planted 42 hills of watermelon, cantelopes and couple hills of mini white pumpkins.

We all ought to save seed this year and have a watermelon seed swap this fall.

OK Thanks Dale...
They are Very Leggy Due to being Grown on a Window still... I Now have a Little bit of Garden, so I thoght I'd give them a go....

Last edited:
Hi it's worth a try. Watermelons don't like to be transplanted so try not to disturb the plant. Let me know how they do. Inquiring minds want to know.

The Seeds are Nothing Special, I saved them from a Slice that I was eating so I don't know if they'll come to anything.....

I have 2 in a 3 inch pot, think They'll have to go in the same hole if the don't like they're roots disturped...

I'll Let you know how they do... Or Not...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back