Banana tree not producing

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

That's probably why I did not get any blooms. When the leaves drooped, I cut them off. Droopy leaves look like a folded umbrella and ugly, but I'll "leave" them alone this time regardless of what my wife says.

Thanks for all the tips.

If you want your tree for aesthetic value then I can understand cutting leaves. The cutting of leaves will not cause lack of fruit production , it is the crown that is your concern at all cost you must protect it for fruit. However the dead leaves offer protection in non tropical areas.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back