Blue enchantress hydrangeas

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

D

ddddnnnn

I have some newly planted blue enchantress hydrangeas and I'm worried they're not doing well. They're not doing terribly and I am getting some flowering, but the plants look relatively bare and there is a lot of leaf browning and lack of growth.

Any suggestions? Is this maybe normal for first-year growth?

Attachments

• PXL_20210820_222730745.jpg
    PXL_20210820_222730745.jpg
    827.6 KB · Views: 158
  • PXL_20210820_222726304.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210820_222726304.MP.jpg
    884.8 KB · Views: 154
Looks sad!
All Hydrangeas require a few things to be happy: Partial shade....meaning early morning sun, then light shade the rest of the day. They also require moist soil most of the time....They hate dry soil! It would be a good idea to move it to a shaded area on your property.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back