Cactus

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

Thanksgiving cactus are in bloom. I have one that is still in bud and I hope its my orange one but I'm afraid it going to be red.

Attachments

• Cactus red- yll 1.jpg
    Cactus red- yll 1.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 339
  • Cactus red 44.jpg
    Cactus red 44.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 343
  • Cactus yll 33.jpg
    Cactus yll 33.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 327
  • Cactus yll 44.jpg
    Cactus yll 44.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 336
I meant to post these in the house plant thread. So sorry I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. I don't know how to moved them so if anyone wants to free to do so.

Those are incredible! :) I def gotta try one of those! Thanx for sharing and i hope you'll post pics of the one that's budding!

Beautiful Maggie!
Mine finished last week, but still have a small one in bud I picked up while grocery shopping 2 weeks ago! Not sure what color they will be when they open. Just went to check on it and the buds look like they will be red/orange!

Maggie your cactus are so healthy and full of beautiful bloom's.How do you do that mine aleays look's sad but it's bloomed better this fall.

Here's mine it look's sad against your's.:eek:

Attachments

• Fall 2010 002.JPG
    Fall 2010 002.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 319
  • Fall 2010 006.JPG
    Fall 2010 006.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 335
Thanks everyone.
Trax, the one budding is not nearly as big.
Ron maybe I can find another orange one but not sure if I want to take care of another one.
Spider yours is very pretty.

Maggie your cactus are so healthy and full of beautiful bloom's.How do you do that mine aleays look's sad but it's bloomed better this fall.

I'm suprised it grew like it did after the spill it took in the summer.
I had it sitting on a 4 ft. column by the front door when I noticed a praying mantis on my hummingbird feeder. I went out to run it off and when I slapped at it the thing jumped on me.:eek: Well I screamed and stumbled backward "trying to get away from the thing" and fell into my cactus and knocked it off the column. Buford heard me and came running out to see what was wrong and tripped over me and fell into and over the balstrade and landed in my rododendum bush and broke a large limb off of it. I thought he had killed himself because I didn't hear a sound out of him. I jump up to see about him and all of a sudden I heard him yelling and swearing. I knew then he wasn't dead but I was afraid maybe he had broke some ribs or an arm or leg. He only had a few scratches "thank goodness." We just looked at each other and said at the same time "are you alright."
I picked my cactus up and repotted it in a bigger pot and fresh potting soil. That's when it really started growing. From a certain angle you can see where a piece has been broken out but maybe it will fill in. I hope my roddie bush fills back in "from the broken" limb next year. Buford has pruned it but you can still see a gap in it.
We can laugh about it now but at the time it wasn't very funny. When the kids and grandkids heard what happened they laughed their butts off. :D:D:D

Maggie you made me laugh this morning.I can picture that thing jumping :eek:on you.LOL And you crashing into the cactus.Thank God it don't have spines.Glad you and hubby and your cactus survived.

What brand or type potting soil do you use for your cactus?:)

Glad you had a good laugh Spider. It is funny now but it wasn't then. I use miracle grow with moisture control.

Glad you had a good laugh Spider. It is funny now but it wasn't then. I use miracle grow with moisture control.

Sorry Maggie just one of those blah day's.You gave me a laugh for today.Even though I know it wasn't funny at the moment.Glad your both ok and your cactus survived.

Oh, I didn't take offence Spider, I really am glad you had a good laugh. I remind Buford about it sometimes and we still get a good laugh. The grandkids will tease us about it sometimes to. But alls well that ends well as the old saying goes.

ROFL! Yeah, it prolly wasn't very funny really BUT it did sound like something i'd see in a movie! But i def think you're right! We had to move a huge prickly pear cactus and it kept breaking apart. After we replanted it, it got twice as big really fast! I'm def gonna get a cactus like yours but instead of falling into it, I think i'll just drop it or something... safe!
Spider Lily,
Awesome flowers! Thanx for sharing!
Ron,
Dont forget to post pics when it flowers!

Finished mine last week, but still have a small bud in the supermarket when I heard two weeks ago! I do not know what colour, they will when they open. Just to check it out and shoot like they will be red / orange!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back