Can I use plexi glass for my greenhouse?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Stone_Family3

I would like to use plexiglass for my greenhouse since I will be getting it for free. I know it will crack and get brittle over time. But is it still a good material? Also what if I just did a plexiglass roof and windows but had an actual building (like converting an old shed)?

Any thoughts?

I don't know where you live but as a roof I don't think Plexiglass would hold snow.
Also it tends to get kinda milky color after sun exposure.
I might say "for free take for buy waste time" like my Mama used to say.
Do you know how thick the plex is?

It all varies in thickness. We were going to put extra supports on the pitched roof. I'm still trying to think of a way to make it retain more heat to melt the snow. I might just have to go out there and poke it with a broom.

We aren't looking to do something big maybe big enough for a 6 ft table on one side and walking on the other. Just enough to keep some plants going through the winter and get the starts growing.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back