*&@#$!%^ Cutworms

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

Stupid cutworms got my row veggies. Beets, chard, spinach, etc.
Hate em all... any advice on getting rid of them?

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know what to tell you then. Often here in the South the cut worms come with the cooler temps.

Kya D

Thank you Sunflower those links are great.
Dale I wish it were cooler here.
They mostly tell how to control them in hills but those dirty little beasts are taking my rows gurrrrrrr

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Diatomaceous earth ( buy at pool supply stores or even Wal mart - in the pool section-in some cities) is a natural killer of soft bodied insects. It is the shell bodies of corals ground up. It is used as a filtration in pool pumps. The microscopic edges of the bodie are razor sharp to insects. Just spread on the ground around the plant. You will have to reapply after rain;)

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dawn I hope you can get rid of them soon. Wonder why you never had them before.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Slugs are my biggest problem here. Last year I hardly had any, but I am seeing quite a few this year.

Annette99

I lost 15 years worth of dozens of varieties of bearded iris due to iris borers, I still can't plant them in my beds. Some years I have slug problems, not recently, I buy the ortho slug bait and that helps.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Annette I have never heard of an iris borer. That is horrible to loose all that work to a borer.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com