For those who just can't Get into the Decorating mood

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Bluewolf

look at the house on the right....:D

Attachments

• for those of you who are just not into christmas this year.jpg
    for those of you who are just not into christmas this year.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 318

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have never been much into decorating with outside lights, but it wasn't because I didn't like them. Before we moved over here, we lived in a subdivision that was pretty densely populated and you couldn't leave anything outside without risk of theft. As far as outside lights, if the vandals didn't take the whole strings, they would take the bulbs. One year though, when my older daughter was living with us with her little girl, my wife bought some outside lights and wanted me to put them up. It was Christmas Eve and cold and foggy outside, but I relented and got the ladder out and started putting the lights up. My granddaughter Rachel got all bundled up and stood in the front yard watching me and singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas". It was pretty hard for me to grumble much when that little girl was so happy.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
This place was a veritable beehive of activity today. My wife took over the library and the dining room. David enlisted the help of two of the grandkids and got quite a few of the outside lights up. I saw that I didn't have any extension cords left in the garage. I do have a couple squirreled away though that he doesn't know about. I asked him today though before I went to the hardware store if he needed any specialty cords. What that means id a cord of an odd length that I could make up for him. I did buy a few feet of a couple of different wire sizes though so I could make up some sjort cords if needed. I'm going to try to get some pictures tomorrow.

Bluewolf

This place was a veritable beehive of activity today. My wife took over the library and the dining room. David enlisted the help of two of the grandkids and got quite a few of the outside lights up. I saw that I didn't have any extension cords left in the garage. I do have a couple squirreled away though that he doesn't know about. I asked him today though before I went to the hardware store if he needed any specialty cords. What that means id a cord of an odd length that I could make up for him. I did buy a few feet of a couple of different wire sizes though so I could make up some sjort cords if needed. I'm going to try to get some pictures tomorrow.

OH GOODY!!! pictures!!! :D

I love looking at everyones decorations...

There are a couple of really posh neighborhoods here in Ft. Wayne that I hear do really elaborate light decorations...
but since I am night blind and BF works nights I won't get to see them....

and before he was an Over The Road driver and wasn't home for the holidays...:(

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com