Gardenia

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

Sharing a few bloom's from my Gardenia it smell's so good late in the afternoon's and early morning's.I have one by my window.I let the window up at night just enough to bring in the smell.

Attachments

• MOMS FLOWERS 011.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 011.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 314
  • MOMS FLOWERS 012.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 012.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 316
  • MOMS FLOWERS 013.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 013.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 333
  • MOMS FLOWERS 014.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 014.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 314

Bernie

They are lovely! I can almost smell them. I wish I could have them here but even the hardy ones don't survive here. TFS

richnkim

Beautiful! We had some mthe place that we lived before. They do smell good! I had them in me wedding boquet!

Spider_Lily

My daughter picked a few and brought them in.The whole house smell's of gardenia.I told her somebody picked my flower's.:eek:LOL I don't like people messing with my flower's.Just picking at her .She said I only picked 4 LOL.
I didn't care being the bush is loaded.:)

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ahhh..Gardenia's! I have several bushes that are full of blooms..I just love the smell. Great pics Spider.
A couple years ago I thought my bushes were going to die, they were black with white fly residue. I tried everything I could find and more and was losing the battle. I had about given up when a thought hit me...WD40.. LOL. I know that sounds crazy but the bushes were dying anyway so why not try it. I sprayed the bushes, waited about an hour and sprayed them hard with the water hose. It worked!! I thought the bush would probably die anyway from the oil in the spray but just the opposite. I still have my Gardenia bushes and they're greener than ever.

Spider_Lily

Gloria I have never heard of putting WD-40 on them.I use epsom salt's just sprinkle and water in.I have once sprayed them with epsom salt's water.Does a great job on blackscale.

I have a few more to share.The first one is mini gardenia the other's or normal size:).

Attachments

• MOMS FLOWERS 019.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 019.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 336
  • MOMS FLOWERS 017.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 017.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 318
  • MOMS FLOWERS 027.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 027.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 311
  • MOMS FLOWERS 026.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 026.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 334

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine still have a few blooms. They will get a serious trim this year. It's do or die. They have a lot of dead stuff right in the middle of the bushes:(
Your are beautiful

Spider_Lily

Mine still have a few blooms. They will get a serious trim this year. It's do or die. They have a lot of dead stuff right in the middle of the bushes:(
Your are beautiful
Take some cutting's after the bloom's fall off and the new growth start's.Take most of the leave's off stick them in a glass container of water sit in a warm spot. In a couple week's they will have root's.:)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com