growing huge huge garden mums

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

errol

I was at the local flea market yesterday and a guy there had huge and I mean biggg huge mums!! they were beautiful. I ask him how he got them so big, and he said he throwed the "juice" to them. I ask what do you mean juice? well, he just kinda smile, and I knew then he did not want to tell me his secret. He did say it was a liquid fertilizer, that he got in atlanta ga. but couldn't remember the name of it. I wonder if anyone here would know of such a liquid fertilizer to grow mums that large? I sure would like to know and use some on my mums!!
thanks for any info
Errol:)

The trick is to debud to just a few stems.
Then, when the flower buds develop you need to debud again to just a few flower buds.
All the energy will go into producing larger flowers!
You can use a water fert like 10-30-15 or similar ratio.
The fellow's juice is probably manure tea!

Ron, you always come through!! thank you, and I can make manure tea. I'll give them a dose. Want to let you know about the 2 knockout rose bushes you helped me with. One is full of roses, the other was in question, and I had cut it down to about 14 to 16 inches from the ground. But now it has new growth coming from all over. I'll post pictures later.
thanks again Ron!!
Errol

Kya D, these mums the guy had were 3 ft across and almost 3 ft tall. he said he had them at his home that were 4-5 feet across and over 4 feet tall. He said he and a friend grew the giants for showing. I never seen a mum that big!!
Errol

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back